The Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is a certification offered by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP). The CSP is accredited in the United States by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies and internationally by the International Organization for Standardization/International Electrotechnical Commission (ISO/IEC 17024).
Certified Safety Professionals (CSP)are persons who perform at least 50% of professional level safety duties, including making worksite assessments to determine risks, assessing potential hazards and controls, evaluating risks and hazard control measures, investigating incidents, maintaining and evaluating incident and loss records, and preparing emergency response plans. Other duties could include hazard recognition, fire protection, regulatory compliance, health hazard control, ergonomics, hazardous materials management, environmental protection, training, accident and incident, investigations, advising management, record keeping, emergency response, managing safety programs, product safety and/or security (as defined by BCSP).
This course is suitable for?
CSP will be suitable for, Safety Managers, Directors, Engineer, Officers and all Health and safety professionals who wants to develop their career (must meet the eligibility requirements from BCSP).
All individuals applying for the ASP must have,
- A bachelor’s Degree
- 4 years of safety experience where safety is at least 50%, preventative, professional level with breadth and depth of safety duties.
- Holding a BCSP approved credential as listed below,
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP)
- Transitional Safety Practitioner (TSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist® (CIH®)
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- CP-12 Professional Certificate in Safety and Occupational Health, U.S. Army Combat Readiness Center (ACRC)
- Certified Safety Engineer (CSE), as administered by the State Administration of Work Safety (SAWS), People’s Republic of China (PRC)
- Master in Occupational Safety and Health, International Training Centre of the International Labour Organization (ITC-ILO)
- Member in the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (MISPN)
- NEBOSH National or International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Professional Member of the Singapore Institution of Safety Officers (SISO)
- Diploma/Certificate in Industrial Safety, as issued by the State Government Departments/Boards of Technical Education, Government of India
For more details on CSP Eligibility and Exam Registration, please Click Here
CSP Exam determines your competency in nine domains hence our CSP course in UAE covers,
- Advanced Science and Math
- Management Systems
- Risk Management
- Advanced Safety Concepts
- Emergency Preparedness, Fire prevention and Security
- Occupational Health and Ergonomics
- Environmental Management System
- Law and Ethics
For more details regarding exam content, please click CSP Exam Blueprint
- Develop and implement Safety, health, and environmental management and audit systems.
- Learn Incident Investigation techniques, Management of change techniques, Management Leadership techniques, system safety technique, Project Management Concepts and techniques etc.
- Apply risk based decision making tools for prioritizing risk management options.
- Learn Chemical process safety management, Common workplace hazards, Engineering Controls, Facility life safety Features, Hazardous materials management, PPE, Unique workplace safety etc.
- Learn Environmental protection and pollution prevention methods, Hazardous waste management practices, Sustainability principles.
- Perform training needs assessments, Develop and conduct training programs, Assess training competency etc.
- Interpret laws, regulations, and consensus codes and standards, Apply concepts of BCSP code of ethics.
EXAMINATION & CERTIFICATION
The CSP examination is a computer based test, contains 200 multiple choice question with four possible answers and only one correct answer. You will have FIVE AND A HALF (5.5) hours to complete the CSP examination. Examinations are closed book, and accessing external reference materials during your examination is not permitted.
CSPs must remain up-to-date with changes in professional practice by earning 25 recertification points every five years.