Associate Safety Professionals (ASP) are persons who perform at least 50% of professional level safety duties including making worksite assessments to determine risks, potential hazards and controls, evaluating risks and hazard control measures, investigating incidents, maintaining and evaluating incident and loss records, and preparing emergency response plans. Other duties could include hazard recognition, fire protection, regulatory compliance, health hazard control, ergonomics, hazardous materials management, environmental protection, training, accident and incident, investigations, advising management, record keeping, emergency response, managing safety programs, product safety and/or security.
THIS COURSE IS SUITABLE FOR ?
ASP will be suitable for, Safety Managers, Directors, Engineer, Officers and all Health and safety professionals who wants to develop their career (must meet the eligibility requirements from BCSP).
All individuals applying for the ASP must have,
- A bachelor’s Degree
- 1 year of safety experience where safety is at least 50%, preventative, professional level with breadth and depth of safety duties.
- For more details on ASP eligibility and exam registration, please click here
ASP Exam determines your competency in seven domains,
- Safety Management Systems
- Fire Prevention and Protection
- Occupational Health
- Environmental Management System
- Training/Education and Communication
- Develop and implement Safety, health, and environmental management and audit systems.
- Learn Incident Investigation techniques, Management of change techniques, Management Leadership techniques, system safety technique, Project Management Concepts and techniques etc.
- Apply risk based decision making tools for prioritizing risk management options.
- Learn Environmental protection and pollution prevention methods, Hazardous waste management practices, Sustainability principles.
- Perform training needs assessments, Develop and conduct training programs, Assess training competency etc.
- Interpret laws, regulations, and consensus codes and standards, Apply concepts of BCSP code of ethics.
EXAMINATION & CERTIFICATION
The ASP examination is a computer based test, contains 200 multiple choice question with four possible answers and only one correct answer. You will have FIVE (5) hours to complete the ASP examination. Examinations are closed book, and accessing external reference materials during your examination is not permitted.